The Academies connects students to a community of supportive faculty and staff, enhancing the UB experience through the integration of academic exploration, community engagement and personal growth. Select an Academy to learn more about that program.
The Academies experience is designed to be a holistic experience, from the classroom to the dorm room, from The Academies offices to the greater Western New York region. As an Academies member, you can:
- Build lasting relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Share a centralized physical space for congregating, collaboration and camaraderie.
- Learn from theme-based seminars, workshops, speakers, social gatherings and excursions.
- Live in a special dorm, where fellowship and opportunities can be readily shared.
- Engage in local, regional, national and international communities.
- Go deeper, with internships and externships, summer and intersession programs, seminars, scholarships and extraordinary student experiences.
- Join a community of individuals who share an interest in a common theme, exchange ideas, learn from one another, and shape the collective university experience.
- Expect a diverse population of students, faculty and staff, which builds on the opportunities available at a major public research university.
- Gain a trans-disciplinary education across many academic departments, which enables and encourages curiosity, collaboration and partnership.
- Take advantage of innovative engagement in 21st-century academic, civic and personal engagement.