UB Undergraduate Academies
The Academies connects students to a community of supportive faculty, staff, and peers enhancing the UB experience through the integration of academic exploration, community involvement and personal growth. The five Academies offer interdependent programs and services tailored to students’ interests and studies in the following topics:
The Academies experience is designed to be a holistic experience, from the classroom to the dorm room, from The Academies offices to locations around Western New York. As an Academies member, you can:
- Build lasting relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Share a centralized physical space for congregating, collaboration and camaraderie.
- Learn from theme-based seminars, workshops, speakers, social gatherings and excursions.
- Live in a special dorm, where fellowship and opportunities can be readily shared.
- Engage in local, regional, national and international communities.
- Go deeper, with internships and externships, summer and intersession programs, seminars, scholarships and extraordinary student experiences.
Participation in The Academies is open to all University at Buffalo undergraduate students.