The Academies connect students to a community of supportive faculty, staff and peers enhancing the UB experience through interdependent programs and services tailored to students’ interests and studies.
The spring keynote event rotates through the Academies to showcase leading speakers and discuss cutting edge topics. This year Research Exploration will host events highlighting where research takes place on campus. The event will culminate with a discussion led by Dean Andrew Stott.
Who Should Get Involved?
YOU! All prospective students from any major are invited to join in the Academies. Check out our list of spring courses (PDF).
All UB students can participate in our educational seminar courses, workshops, service trips and community building activities.
- Live with other Academies students in a residential community located in the Governor’s Complex on UB’s North Campus.
- Experience a unique environment that integrates learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom.
- Enroll in an Academies seminar taught by distinguished faculty and learn how you can define your unique undergraduate experience.
- Your second year can be a time of transition and discovery. Stay ahead of the curve when it comes to major decisions and career planning.
- Join us at a Sophomore Scoop, an informal conversation directed at specific topics that also allow you to network and interact with your peers.
- Set up a meeting with a staff or faculty member to discuss class, research, or getting involved.
Last updated: July 14, 2016 3:41 pm EST